Fulton, MO 62° View Live Radar Mon H 65° L 50° Tue H 69° L 50° Wed H 59° L 42° Weather Sponsored By:

SERVE receives new 20-passenger bus

SERVE receives new 20-passenger bus

$48,707 bus added to 10 other vehicles

October 19th, 2012 in News

A new $49,707 bus has been added to the SERVE, Inc.'s 10-vehicle fleet used to provide passenger service to Callaway County residents. With the 20-passenger bus are, from left, driver Linda McVeigh and Patti Jo Peevy, SERVE's transportation director.

SERVE, Inc.'s has a new $48,707 20-passenger bus that has been added to its fleet of nine buses and one van to provide rides to Callaway County residents.

Patti Jo Peevy, director of SERVE's transportation service, said the new bus is a Ford 20-passenger vehicle that is equipped with an electronic wheelchair lift.

Peevy said 80 percent of the $48,707 cost was funded by a federal grant administered by the Missouri Department of Transportation. The remaining 20 percent came from local tax funds administered by the board of directors of Callaway County Special Services.

Peevy said SERVE's Callaway County Transportation has a contract with the Callaway County Special Services to provide transportation to Callaway County residents with developmental disabilities. These individuals are transported each day to attend employment at Kingdom Projects an also to the YMCA of Callaway County and day classes at the Adult Enrichment Center - all located in Fulton.