Compared to other parts of Missouri and the Midwest, Mid-Missouri seemed to have been spared much of the brunt of Monday’s storms.
High winds caused a semi-trailer truck to crash at 6 a.m. Monday on I-70 west of Kingdom City, scattering potatoes and onions onto the median. The driver was not injured.
Photos taken by students participating in the PhotoVoice Project from Callaway County will be on display today (May 21) at the YMCA in Fulton.
Youth 18 and under eligible for free breakfast, lunch
Students in need of a free bite to eat this summer can yet again rely on Fulton Public Schools and the Callaway County YMCA.
On June 1, the New Bloomfield Lions Club will be hosting an antique tractor pull at the Lions Club Field in New Bloomfield.
As North Callaway junior shortstop Chance Kee rounded third base and headed to the home plate of Busch Stadium, Thunderbirds head coach Kevin O’Neal had no intent of doing stopping him. “...I don’t think there was going to be any way of me stopping him at third,” O’Neal said on Monday.
A trio of Fulton players garnered first team recognition in Class 1, District 8 competition. Senior forward Adrienne Ebersole, senior midfielder Anna Fink and senior goalkeeper Billie Klutts all earned slots on the first team while sophomore Alexandria Fague and seniors Allie Pierce and Kate Sterner were second-team honorees as backs. Fink was also the sole Lady Hornet named all-North Central Missouri Conference as she was a first-team honoree.
North Callaway’s Steven Coleman and Fulton’s Jenny McCarty will both have two cracks at taking home state championships next weekend.
South Callaway’s Garner Rudroff had not competed in the long jump prior to this year. But he said he’s always been good at jumping, so why not try something new? Now, he’s a state champion.
Thunderstorms could continue across Mid-Missouri until after midnight. A tornado watch is in effect until 1 a.m. Tuesday.
Death toll expected to rise
A mile-wide tornado churned through the Oklahoma City suburbs, destroying homes for the second day in a row Monday, as part of a severe weather outbreak that was expected to spread in other parts of the Plains and Midwest.
- Mid-Missouri spared bad weather 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- High winds cause produce trucks to crash 14 hours, 30 minutes ago
- Children read to therapy dog at library 14 hours, 30 minutes ago
- PhotoVoice Project to debut today 14 hours, 30 minutes ago
- Free summer meals return at FPS, YMCA 14 hours, 30 minutes ago
- Lions Club to host antique tractor pull 14 hours, 30 minutes ago
- Severe storms crossing Mid-Missouri 22 hours, 59 minutes ago
- Bush school utilizes whole brain teaching to reach students 2 days, 14 hours ago
- 12-hour shifts to start at Fulton State Hospital 2 days, 14 hours ago
- The graduating class of 2013 3 days, 7 hours ago
- T-Birds roar to win over Martinsville at Busch Stadium 15 hours, 30 minutes ago
- Six Lady Hornets earn all-district soccer honors 15 hours, 30 minutes ago
- Coleman, McCarty each qualify for two state events 15 hours, 30 minutes ago
- Rudroff, girls’ 400-meter relay nab state titles for South Callaway 15 hours, 30 minutes ago
- South Callaway aims to ‘follow mantra’ at state meet 4 days, 15 hours ago
- MSD’s Jones seeks state titles 4 days, 15 hours ago
- Boonville clips Lady Hornets 1-0 for District 8 title 5 days, 15 hours ago
- Lady Owls’ season done after NAIA tournament loss 6 days, 15 hours ago
- Callaway golfers complete first round of state play 1 week ago
- South Callaway qualifies for state meet in 17 events 1 week ago