Fulton, MO 87° View Live Radar Mon H 86° L 70° Tue H 88° L 71° Wed H 85° L 71° Weather Sponsored By:

Discarded cigarettes cause minor apartment fire

Discarded cigarettes cause minor apartment fire

July 29th, 2012 in News

The Fulton Fire Department responded to a fire early Saturday morning at Towne and Campus Apartments off State Road Z.

The first engine company arrived at the complex around 2:35 a.m. and noted light smoke and flames showing from the third-story deck of apartment 306. Crews made entry into the apartment and found a small fire, which they extinguished quickly using a portable water extinguisher. No injuries were reported and medics were disregarded en-route.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental. The tenant had been using a flower pot for discarding cigarette butts, some of which had ignited the pot on the deck. Damages were minimal, estimated at around $500.