Monday, May 26, 2014
TROY — Junior Steven Coleman qualified for the Class 3 state meet for the Thunderbirds by prevailing in both the boys’ 110- and 300-meter hurdles at the Sectional 2 championships Saturday.
Coleman won the 110 and 300 hurdles with respective times of 14.55 and 39.77 seconds at Troy Buchanan High School. The state championships will be Friday and Saturday at Lincoln University’s Dwight T. Reed Stadium in Jefferson City.
On the girls’ side Saturday, North Callaway senior Jaida Gray failed to qualify for state after finishing fifth in the 400 (1:02.65).
More like this story
- North Callaway’s Coleman, Gray move on to Class 3 sectionals
- Coleman finishes fifth in 300-meter hurdles at Class 3 state meet
- North Callaway's Coleman covets state titles in hurdle events
- T-Birds’ Coleman, Ladybirds’ Schmauch named to all-Eastern Missouri Conference track team
- North Callaway's Coleman, Gray set records at California
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting