Saturday, June 21, 2014
The Fulton Street Fair has postponed the Grand Parade.
Originally scheduled for 5 p.m., the parade is expected to start at 6 p.m. Saturday. Dispatchers on emergency services radio announced it would be delayed one hour.
Doppler radar from the National Weather Service indicated heavy rain crossing the Callaway County line a little after 4 p.m. Saturday on an almost straight-east path.
In the event of severe weather, the Fulton Street Fair Committee has designated Fulton City Hall, the Callaway County Courthouse, First Christian Church and the Callaway County Library as places to seek shelter.
Lineup for the parade was to begin at 4 p.m. Saturday on the William Woods University campus then begin at 5 p.m. to travel south down Court Street and turn west at St. Louis Avenue (where the carnival is by First Baptist Church) then travel south on Nichols Street to end at Memorial Park.
Check back with the Fulton Sun for updates on the parade and other Fulton Street Fair announcements.
More like this story
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued, Fulton Street Fair parade canceled
- Despite rain on the parade, the Fulton Street Festival continues
- Family fun at Fulton Street Fair
- Holts Summit cancels Christmas parade, snow halts other Callaway events
- Callaway cancellations, closures and delays for Wednesday, Feb. 5
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting