Sunday, October 13, 2013
Twice a year, the First Assembly of God in Fulton helps people to give back and take back from the community through its “Big Give” community aid event — and it still needs donations. From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18, the church will be accepting donations for the event on Saturday.
The Big Give, which takes place in spring and fall, solicits donations from across the community to re-disburse those items to people in need. This year, it will be Oct. 19.
“Things are hard for a lot of people right now,” Lori Collins said. “People don’t want a handout, but they are willing to help each other.”
Collins and her sister, Liz Skelton, lead the organization of The Big Give, but the entire church is part of the event.
“We start taking donations about a month or two ahead of time,” Collins said. “Our big day is Friday because it’s hard for people to get to us when we’re open.”
They are also accepting donations during open hours, which are during church services.
More like this story
- Camden County Historical Society looks for volunteers, donations in preparation for largest Civil War re-enactment to take place at Lake of the Ozarks
- Camden County Historical Society looks for volunteers, donations
- Community invited to pack shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child Oct. 19
- More than just trick-or-treating this Halloween season
- Soup kitchen open for Christmas Day in Camdenton
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting