Tuesday, March 5, 2013
According to his mother and his teachers, Aaron Wyman was a fun-loving, energetic 7-year-old who loved music and playing games.
On Sunday, Aaron’s classmates and friends at St. Peter School where he was in the second grade will celebrate that spirit at a special Benefit Concert and Family Fun Night to raise money to assist his family as they continue to struggle with his death from the flu and other medical factors on Feb. 1.
Dinner featuring a baked potato bar and salad will start at 6 p.m. in the St. Peter gym, with Christian band Oddwalk — which includes Shannon Cerneka, Aaron’s music teacher — performing from 6:30-8 p.m. There also will be puzzles and games for entertainment.
Having had previous experience organizing concerts, Cerneka said he immediately started making arrangements as soon as word went out that the Wymans needed support.
“The Wyman family is part of our St. Peter School family, and they’re experiencing some financial hardship on top of losing a little boy,” Cerneka said. “We wanted to do what we could to help this family out in a difficult situation.
More like this story
- Chili and hot dog supper to raise money, support for local cancer patient ‘Super Sam’
- Symphony of the Lake invites community to 2011 Family Music Quest Oct. 23
- Arm yourself with an arsenal of activities for your next snow day
- Big Time Grain Co. to perform at Concert in the Park
- Annual Children’s Concert is Tuesday at LU
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting