Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Holts Summit Work on sandblasting and painting of the Callaway County Water District No. 1 tower in Holts Summit is expected to be completed by Aug. 31.
Brad Scrivner, manager of Callaway County Water District No. 1, said the Indiana-based firm that won the bid for the $434,000 project started work in March.
During the sandblasting phase of the work to remove the old paint and mold, scaffolding was erected at the top of the tower with cables extending all around the tower. This enables work crews to raise and lower a protective tarpaulin enclosure around the entire tower.
When the wind increases or if a storm is expected, workmen can activate electronic controls to lower the protective tarpaulin encapsulation.
“They use air winches to move the tarps up and down. In only a few minutes, they can have the tarps down and laying on the ground,” Scrivner said
More like this story
- Holts Summit water tower painting to be completed at end of next month
- Voluntary water conservation requested by Water District No. 1 at Holts Summit
- Water tower fencing irritates Millersburg residents
- Kingdom City pours $300,000 into water tower overhaul
- Holts Summit man pleads guilty in child’s death
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting