Friday, January 25, 2013
The United Way is looking to make tax season and staying healthy a little less expensive for working Callaway families.
As part of their Financial Stability Partnership, the Callaway County United Way is premiering free tax preparation for families with MyFreeTaxes.
Families or individuals who earn $57,000 or less in 2012 can file state and federal taxes for free. Families meeting certain other income requirements may also be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit, also available through the program.
CCUW Executive Director Kathy Richey Liddle said the program has been adopted by United Way agencies worldwide.
“Probably five or six years ago, the Callaway County United Way adopted some community impact initiatives, where we’re not just raising funds to distribute to other agencies,” said Richey Liddle. “We’re trying to promote other programs throughout the year... that benefit the community year round.”
More like this story
- Callaway United Way to continue to provide services to older adults
- Callaway United Way receives large donation
- UW seeks contest reviews to help earn $5,000 prize
- Callaway United Way on track for another record fundraising year
- Callaway County United Way meets goal for second consecutive record-setting year
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting