Farm Bureau observes ‘Thank a Farmer Week

Callaway County Farm Bureau members have joined 112 other county Farm Bureau organizations in Missouri to celebrate “Thank a Farmer Week” from Feb. 10-16.

John Kuehner, Callaway County Farm Bureau president, said the week is a time when everyone should be reminded of the efforts of farmers and why their work is important to all Missourians.

“Today’s farmers grow more food and do it with fewer resources than at any time in history,” Kuehner said. “Consumer demands have changed over time, but farmers meet those needs by providing an increasing variety of goods.”

The United States Department of Agriculture’s Economic Research Service reports technology and innovations in agriculture allow one U.S. farmer to provide enough food and fiber for 154 people around the world.

Farm families now are only about 2 percent of the U.S. populations, yet they provide for themselves and the other 98 percent.

To finish reading this article, please pick up a copy of The Fulton Sun at a newsstand nearest you or become a subscriber by calling (573) 642-7272.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

| Fulton Sun>