Friday, April 12, 2013
The Fulton Board of Education agreed to reorganize their teacher’s salary schedule during their Wednesday meeting.
The board charged this year to simplify the current certified salary schedule so that the district’s base salary was competitive with other districts and affordable for Fulton Public Schools.
The previous salary schedule accounted for nine degree types and years of experience. The new schedule would combine two of the first schedule columns to “allow people to move faster or accelerate faster on the salary schedule,” according to Superintendent Jacque Cowherd. The base salary for certified staff has increased from $31,155 to $31,630.
“We’re not talking a significant amount, but we collapsed the two beginning columns into one column. Starting salaries were $31,155, so by restructuring without making any other changes, it will be $31,630.”
More like this story
- Fulton School Board approves 2015 salary schedule
- New Bloomfield Superintendent David Tramel’s proposed budget could give teachers pay increase
- Fulton teacher pay on par with conference districts
- South Callaway approves $180,594 in salary hikes
- New Bloomfield schools adjusts non-certified salary schedule
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting