Sunday, September 9, 2012
Williamsburg A local man is in custody after a disturbance call ended in a brief confrontation with law enforcement Thursday morning.
At approximately 9:47 a.m., the Callaway County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call from a residence on County Road 197 near Williamsburg for a disturbance in progress involving multiple subjects.
According to a CCSO press release, one of the individuals was reportedly armed with a knife and was “actively destroying the residence.”
Sheriff Dennis Crane said the first officer on the scene arrived to find William Marks, 25, of Williamsburg, standing in the front yard armed with a machete and an open blade knife.
More like this story
- Williamsburg man arrested on Kansas sex offense charge
- Lawmen shoot, kill Williamsburg man near Fulton
- Gerald Pierce charged with felony assault and armed criminal action following shooting July 12 in Morgan County
- Murder charges filed in Morgan County double homicide
- Man arrested following domestic disturbance in Osage Beach w/mug
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting