Tuesday, September 13, 2011
MOUNT PLEASANT, IOWA — Sophomore midfielder J.P. Parra continued his torrid scoring streak with a hat trick in a 5-0 Owls win on the road against Iowa Wesleyan on Saturday. The hat trick was Parra’s second in as many games and William Woods’ second consecutive win, improving them to 4-1 on the season.
Parra’s first two goals came in the 12th and 32nd minutes of play respectively and helped the Owls to a 3-0 halftime lead. The third goal came off the foot of sophomore forward Marcello Carriero, who assisted on Parra’s second goal, in the 43rd minute.
Parra’s final goal came in the 68th minute and was followed three minutes later by a goal from freshman midfielder Luca Stoeter.
William Woods junior goalkeeper Tyler Subke faced five shots on goal and turned them all away to get his first solo shutout of the season.
The Owls host Williams Baptist in American Midwest Conference play today at 3 p.m.
Westminster volleyball swept
out of Grinnell Tournament
More like this story
- Parra remains hot, Owls soccer team prevails in AMC opener
- Parro helps power Owls soccer team to opening win over Avila
- Hawes has hat trick, Owls rip Ozark Christian 6-0 in opener
- Blue Jays score all three goals in seven minutes to get past Eureka in conference play on Saturday
- Parra's three goals steer Owls to 3-2 win over William Penn
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting