Thursday, June 30, 2011
For the first time, the New Bloomfield Lions Club is offering a Bluegrass & Gospel Music Festival on Saturday, July 9, at the New Bloomfield Lions Club field.
The field is located behind the New Bloomfield Elementary School.
Dinner also will be available nearby at the New Bloomfield Lions Club, 301 Oak St.
Bluegrass music will be headlined by Bob Hammons & Wildwood from the Springfield area, a nationally honored bluegrass group. Gospel music will be offered by the Liberty Belles from the Liberty Baptist Church of Columbia.
“This is a general fundraising event for the New Bloomfield Lions Club,” said Evelyn Thomas, club secretary.
More like this story
- New Bloomfield club to stage music festival
- Silver Dollar City offering several new attractions this summer
- Bluegrass and Southern Gospel Festival on the strip Friday, July 27
- Growing bluegrass festival adds radio broadcasts
- Oma Noma Heritage Festival filled with old-fashioned, community events Saturday