Friday, June 24, 2011
A Tebbetts’ tradition that started in 1948 continues as the community gears up for its annual picnic. The Tebbetts Community Picnic will run today through Sunday featuring a variety of food and festivities.
The event is a fundraiser for the Tebbetts Community Hall, where the picnic has been held since 1951. Larry Languell, organizer, said people come from all over the area to attend. He encourages them to come out for some good food and entertainment.
Food will be served from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day including barbecue mutton, pork steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs and fish.
More like this story
- Tebbetts community picnic starts today
- Tebbetts Picnic tradition continues this weekend, fiddling contest back again
- Tebbetts dinners continue to support community building
- Tebbetts picnic pays tribute to Burre with return of fiddler’s contest
- Tebbetts Fiddling contest a success after 15-year absence
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting