Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Mother Nature doled out a severe thunderstorm and high winds late Friday night and into the early morning hours of Saturday, causing a chaotic mess for Fulton Street Fair committee members and vendors. However, most didn’t let the storm dampen their street fair spirit, and activities resumed after clean up.
The Fulton Police Department called Jamie Dillion, FSF committee co-chair, at 4:30 a.m. Saturday to let her know many of the vendor tents were damaged or collapsed. Dillion, other committee members, and some community members spent the early dawn hours Saturday trying to pick up the mess the storm left in its wake.
More like this story
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued, Fulton Street Fair parade canceled
- Despite rain on the parade, the Fulton Street Festival continues
- Mule auction set June 17 during Fulton Street Fair
- Street Fair vendors to offer variety of gifts, services
- 2012 street fair on target for “record year” in spite of rain
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting