Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Millersburg Roots for the Millersburg Christian Church go as far back as 1836.
As far as research shows, 175 years ago settlers from Millersburg, Ky. built a log church beside Millers Creek, which became the beginning of the Millersburg Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The church was later transplanted three miles north in 1858 to the location where the current building sits.
Members will celebrate the 175th anniversary of the church’s establishment on Saturday. The celebration will include a potluck dinner at 5:30 p.m., Juanita Heider playing the hammered dulcimer, hymn singing and stories about the church’s early history.
More like this story
- Millersburg Celebration Saturday to feature parade, prizes, family fun
- New Bloomfield to celebrate 175th anniversary
- New Bloomfield to celebrate 175th anniversary on Sept. 17
- Millersburg Christian Church, COAD to host disaster preparedness meeting
- Millersburg Christian Church to host second Mardi Gras fundraiser