Wednesday, August 17, 2011
The Fulton Historic Preservation Commission is looking into dotting the Stinson Trail with historic markers.
So far, seven possible sites for markers along the trail have been identified. Member Judy Schaneman told the commission Tuesday that there may be more sites identified as she and member Jane Forsythe continue to investigate trail history and discuss the issue with Fulton Parks and Recreation. The two members previously visited with Barbara Huddleston of the Kingdom of Callaway Historical Society to come up with the first seven possible sites — Trestle Bridge, Ice House, Westminster Field, Memorial Park, Covered Bridge, Lover’s Leap and Rock Barn. It was also discussed that signs would be posted on each trail head showing a map of the markers.
More like this story
- Stinson historic trail markers to feature modern twist
- Historic Preservation Commission hears price on rock barn, talks trail markers
- Preservation Commission seeks sponsors for trail markers
- Commission weighs options for trail markers
- Plaque honoring WWI veterans may join monuments at Memorial Field
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting