Thursday, August 11, 2011
The Callaway County Sheriff’s Office will share $152,305 in federal stimulus spending from the U.S. Justice Department with six other Central Missouri counties to fight online predators who attempt to entice children and deal in child pornography.
Sharing the federal stimulus spending money with the Callaway County Sheriff’s Department are the Mid-Missouri counties of Cole, Boone, Audrain Cooper, Howard and Randolph.
The stimulus grant was announced this week by the Missouri Department of Public Safety.
Unlike many states, Missouri uses a regional concept to fight cyber crimes against children. The regional approach emphasizes working cooperatively across jurisdictional lines rather than inside just one county or city. It emphasizes sharing information from investigations throughout a region to make the enforcement effort more effective.
More like this story
- Federal grant to help fight cyber crimes in Mid-Missouri
- Holts Summit man arrested for child pornography
- Holts Summit man arrested for child porn
- Holts Summit man in jail for child pornography picks up additional sodomy charges
- Columbia man living in Fulton arrested on outstanding child porn warrant
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting