Today's Edition News Sports Obits Weather Events Contests Classifieds Autos Jobs Search
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
story.lead_photo.caption The scene of Wednesday's fire is located at the 1000 block of Cote Sans Dessein Road. There were no injuries as nobody was home at the time of the fire, which was at approximately 2:44 p.m. Photo by Quinn Wilson / Fulton Sun.

The Fulton Fire Department responded to a residential fire Wednesday at the 1000 block of Cote Sans Dessein Road.

According to the FFD, there were no injuries in the fire as nobody was home at the time. The fire occurred at 2:44 p.m. Upon arrival, the first responders noticed smoke coming from the single-story structure.

Fire crews entered the structure and located the fire in the kitchen; it possibly originated from the top of the kitchen stove. The crews were able to bring the fire under control in approximately 15 minutes.

"The fire was mostly contained to the kitchen, but smoke did get throughout the rest of the house," FFD Chief Kevin Coffelt said.

Following an investigation, the fire was determined to be accidental.

"I estimated $45,000 in damages, but I think it could end up being more," Coffelt said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT