MOBILE, Ala. -- The No. 22 William Woods University women's tennis team saw the 2023 season come to a close in the NAIA National Championship opening round with a 4-0 loss to Tennessee Wesleyan University.
The Owls entered the national championship as the 20-seed. They faced 13-seeded Tennessee Wesleyan in the opening round Tuesday.
The Owls end the season with a 9-14 overall record.
- Hannah Meyer and Zara Littlejohn scored four points in their loss in the three doubles.
- The Hanna Lidneboom and Marta Calvo Larraz duo was up 5-4 when TWU clinched the doubles point.
- Lindeboom was trailing 5-4 in the one singles.
- Calvo Larraz went unfinished in the two. She was down 6-3, 1-0.
- Lena Greefs dropped set one, 6-2. However, she led set two 3-2 before the clinched match point.
- Eline Drent was shut out in the four spot, 6-0, 6-0.
- Meyer fell 6-1, 6-1 in the five spot.
- Littlejohn fell 6-0, 6-2 in the six.