The private pesticide applicator license issued by the Missouri Department of Agriculture is required for producers wanting to purchase and apply restricted use pesticides.
Agricultural producers needing to obtain or renew certification of this license must take a pesticide safety training every five years. You must be 18 years of age and directly involved in the production of agricultural commodities to obtain this license.
Each farm must have a copy of the M87 Private Pesticide Applicator Training Manual, which can be purchased for $25 online at extension.missouri.edu/m87. The manual is required during training.
PAT classes will last approximately two hours and are scheduled as follows:
• Boone County Extension Center, Columbia, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Jan. 23. Call 573-445-9792 to register.
• Cole County Extension Center, Jefferson City, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Jan. 24. Call 573-634-2824 to register.
• MFA Training Center, Boonville, noon Jan. 25. Call 660-882-5661 to register.
• Pilot Grove Coop Shop, Pilot Grove, 6 p.m. Jan. 25. Call 660-882-5661 to register.
• Morgan County Seed, Barnett, 9:30 a.m. Feb. 2. Call 573-378-5358 to register.
• Morgan County Extension Center, Versailles, 2 p.m. Feb. 2. Call 573-378-5358 to register.
• California High School, California, 6 p.m. March 16. Call 573-378-5358 to register.