June 2, 2011
Fulton Gas Department employees repair a 4-inch natural gas main that was cut accidentally at 10 a.m. Wednesday by a utility relocation firm hired by AT&T to relocate telephone lines. All nearby apartments and businesses were evacuated until the gas was shut off and the gas dissipated. The force of the escaping gas scattered dirt up onto the front of the duplex apartment building at 310 St. Louis Ave.
Stories this photo appears in:
Homes and businesses in a one-block area of Fulton were evacuated Wednesday after a workman operating a directional drill for a firm hired by AT&T to relocate copper telephone lines along St. Louis Avenue in Fulton accidentally cut a city-owned four-inch natural gas main.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting