On Sunday, March 11, members of the First Christian Church in Fulton will gather to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the church.
The church has invited the public to attend the rededication ceremony.
The centennial rededication of the church will begin with a service at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, March 11, and be followed by a luncheon at the church.
The church was dedicated on March 11, 1912.
Three services were held when the church was dedicated a century earlier. T.E. Winter was pastor of the church when it was dedicated. The building committee in 1912 included D.P. Bartley, J.H. Atkinson and E.W. Herndon.
A church service followed the dedication during the 1912 ceremony. This was followed by a lunch for out-of-town guests. A fellowship service in the afternoon was followed by an evening service and the start of a revival program.
The Missouri Telegraph printed this account of the 1912 dedication:
"Sunday, March 10, 1912, was a great day for the Christian Church of Fulton. The magnificent new church building, which had been in the process of erection for more than a year, and which had attracted the attention and admiration of everyone who saw it as the plans developed in the erection, had been completed and was to be dedicated to the Lord and Master on that day. Large and commodious as the building is, it was crowded to its utmost capacity, the aisles being filled with chairs and every nook and corner was full."