One hundred years ago a large crowd gathered on the corner of Court and Seventh streets in Fulton to watch the First Christian Church cornerstone lowered into place. In full uniform, the Fulton Lodge No. 48 A.F. & A.M. Masons conducted the cornerstone ceremony on May 29, 1911.
On Sunday, the church will once again celebrate its cornerstone dedication with a service at 10:30 a.m. and a luncheon following. First Christian Pastor Ed Varnum invites members of the community to join the congregation for this special occasion.