Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Ava Santhuff (right), 5, of Fulton whispers in her mother’s ear as they along with Ava’s grandmother, Martha Wayne, judge the costume contest Sunday at the Super Sam Family Fun Run. The superhero-themed event included family-friendly activities like an obstacle course, face painting, cape making and a costume contest to benefit Ava Santhuff’s twin brother, “Super” Sam Santhuff who has been battling cancer since August and is receiving treatment at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. The Boyd & Boyd, Inc. and Friends Relay for Life team organized the fun run at the YMCA of Callaway County. Anyone wishing to donate to “Super” Sam can send a check to First Christian Church in Fulton at 6 East Seventh Street. For updates on Sam Santhuff, search “SuperSam’s Heroes” on Facebook.
More like this story
- Super Sam Foundation hosts first fundraiser Saturday
- ‘Super Sam,’ mother travel to Florida for specialized cancer therapy
- Chili and hot dog supper to raise money, support for local cancer patient ‘Super Sam’
- Fulton boy draws power from faith in cancer battle
- 'Super' Sam wins battle against rare cancer
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting