Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Fulton Police took a Fayette man into custody over the weekend after crashing his car while allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol.
Travis L. Lee, 42, was arrested early Sunday morning on charges of felony driving while intoxicated, resisting arrest for a felony, first degree property damage and operating a motor vehicle in a careless and imprudent manner involving an accident.
According to an FPD press release, officers responded to a traffic crash at 12:37 a.m. on U.S. 54 westbound near County Road 210.
Investigators determined Lee drove off the roadway and collided with a guardrail, causing significant damage to his vehicle and the guardrail.
According to the release, officers suspected Lee was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash. When they attempted to place him under arrest, Lee resisted.
Lee was taken to the Callaway County Jail pending $14,000 bond.
More like this story
- Two arrested after chase through Callaway County
- Fulton man arrested after leading police on vehicle, foot pursuits
- Sheriff's Office: Fulton man arrested after car chase reached speeds of 90 MPH
- Fulton man arrested Monday after vehicle pursuit Sunday
- FPD arrest man for allegedly stealing from Break Time
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting