Sunday, June 8, 2014
A man was released into medical custody at about 3 p.m. Friday after apparently attempting suicide at the Callaway County Jail.
Sheriff Dennis Crane confirmed a man left the jail to be transported by ambulance to the hospital who was breathing on his own and still had a pulse.
Crane said he could not comment further on his medical condition or confirm the name because the individual’s family had not been contacted. Crane confirmed the suspect was in jail on charges related to controlled substances and fraudulent use of a credit device.
Send news tips and photos to email@example.com.
More like this story
- Callaway County jail inmate dies after being taken off life support
- Callaway County Sheriff's Office releases details on death of 6-year-old Fulton boy
- Sheriff’s office makes arrest in fatal attack on Auxvasse family
- Officials identify victim in Millersburg homicide
- NYC jails neglected suicide precautions
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting