Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Callaway County residents with green thumbs — or who want to grow one — are set to gather for a community seed exchange Jan. 25 at the Callaway County Extension, 5803 County Road 302 in Fulton.
This year’s event features a seed room and a full day of speakers on topics ranging from pollination to maintaining good soil.
With sponsors such as the Master Gardeners of Callaway and Audrain counties, the Fulton Garden Club, Callaway County Public Library, University Extension and Bluebird Compost, event organizer Cindy Baker said she is expecting more than 100 area plant enthusiasts to attend this year — the second for the exchange.
Baker said her favorite part of the exchange last year was the social aspect, but this year she is excited about the educational component.
“We have some amazing speakers with great topics,” Baker said. “It’s a great opportunity to see what sort of gardening resources are out there, and free education is hard to find.”
More like this story
- Seed exchange helps gardener enthusiasts grow their green thumbs
- First community seed exchange planned in Fulton
- Fulton Middle School, Garden Club celebrate Arbor Day with tree planting
- Community garden plots available
- Camdenton students taste the fruits of their labor as part of ‘Eating From the Garden’
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting