Thursday, August 14, 2014
By The Fulton Sun
U.S. Cellular’s Calling All Teachers program is accepting project submissions. As of Aug. 11, teachers can request funding for projects at DonorsChoose.org, a charity website.
Teachers can submit projects between Aug. 11 and Sept. 21 on DonorsChoose.org. To submit projects, teachers need to register as a U.S. Cellular teacher. Teachers can only submit one project with an estimated cost between $100 and $1,000. Projects can include art supplies, science lab equipment or technology tools. U.S. Cellular has used DonorsChoose.org to fund more than 4,500 classroom projects. Calling All Teachers will announce the selected projects in October.
In 2009, Calling All Teachers awarded two teachers at New Bloomfield Elementary School with a total of $1,112.50 to fund classroom projects. From 2010-2012, U.S. Cellular focused on a campaign similar to Calling All Teachers. Then, last year it brought the Calling All Teachers program back.
Calling All Teachers awarded $500,000 for educational projects last year. Ninety of those projects benefited 8,000 students in Missouri schools, according to a press release.
Send news tips and photos to email@example.com.
More like this story
- U.S. Cellular rewards $1 million to teachers for boosting classroom experiences
- Callaway County teachers receive classroom items through U.S. Cellular grant
- Drink up: ‘Limeades for Learning’ offers sweet funding opportunity for classroom resources
- Grant adds extra iPads to North classroom
- AOL Announces the 2010 City’s Best Winners in St. Louis
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting