Wednesday, April 16, 2014
MONTGOMERY CITY — Senior starter Tanner Murphy remained unbeaten with his third win of the season and the North Calllaway Thunderbirds stayed perfect in the Eastern Missouri Conference with a 6-3 win over Montgomery County on Wednesday night.
North Callaway (8-2, 5-0 EMO) broke a scoreless tie with a run in the top of the fourth inning and made it 4-0 by putting up three in the fifth. Montgomery County (5-6, 3-1) answered with three runs in its half of the inning to pull within one, but the Thunderbirds tallied two in the seventh to secure the victory.
North Callaway’s Menard finishes
third at Southern Boone tournament
HARTSBURG — Senior Justin Menard birdied the last two holes to finish third individually with an 81 for the Thunderbirds at the Southern Boone Classic on Wednesday at Eagle Knoll Golf Club.
Menard was coming off a third-place finish with a 78 on Monday in the Father Tolton Invitational at Columbia Country Club.
More like this story
- Thunderbirds stay perfect in EMO, overpower Wellsville 13-3
- Menard wins EMO individual title, North Callaway finishes fourth
- Menard earns medalist honors, North Callaway golf team bows in dual
- Allen’s outburst fuels Thunderbirds’ third straight win
- Five players hit double figures in T-Birds' triumph
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting