Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Westminster College students are inviting area children and their families onto campus for a little bit of Spring fun at their annual Community Carnival this Sunday.
Events get started with an Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m. on the hill, followed by free food, games and activities on campus from noon to 2 p.m.
Julie Hallman, director of student involvement, said the carnival got started as a way to strengthen ties between the Westminster and Fulton communities and has become something students look forward to.
“It’s a fun event in the Spring where families can bring their kids on campus for a fun Sunday afternoon,” Hallman said. “This is something our students feel really excited about every year — they love spending time with the kids.”
Westminster student Jamie Striler, chair of community relations events, agreed that “interacting with the kids” was her favorite part of the carnival last year.
“I really want to get a lot of kids (to come),” Striler said. “People on campus are really excited.”
More like this story
- Westminster College to hold first Taste of Callaway
- College For Kids cools off on hot day in Fulton
- Ceilidh Evans selected as new Westminster College student ambassador
- Local students begin campus life at Westminster College in Fulton
- Local churches, colleges provide safe alternatives to trick-or-treating
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting