Sunday, September 29, 2013
Elsah, Ill. Freshman midfielder Drew Cook’s goal in the 3rd minute of overtime was the difference in the Westminster College Blue Jays soccer team’s 1-0 victory over Principia College in Saturday’s St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference opener.
Cook scored the game-winner on an unassisted breakaway. It was Westminster’s fourth and final shot on goal, while Principia tallied seven shots on goal.
Freshman goalkeeper Raul Romero posted the shutout for the Blue Jays.
Westminster (2-6-1) continue SLIAC play at Blackburn (Ill.) College at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5.
More like this story
- Blue Jays score all three goals in seven minutes to get past Eureka in conference play on Saturday
- Romero, Belman lead Westminster past Greenville for SLIAC win
- Parra's three goals steer Owls to 3-2 win over William Penn
- Blue Jays men's soccer team shuts out conference foe on Saturday
- Westminster soccer teams picked fifth
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting