Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Mayfield, Ky. Aided by two first-half goals, the Owls secured a 3-1 win in their American Midwest Conference opener on Sunday afternoon.
Senior midfielder Joao Paulo Parra put William Woods on the board with 9 minutes, 25 second gone in the first half. Mid-Continent scored on its own goal in the 35th minute to up the Owl lead to 2-0. Mid-Continent’s Erick Torres cut the Owl lead in half at 2-1 in the 60th minute.
William Woods’ defense would hold Mid-Continent to just one shot on goal for the rest of the game and got its final goal with just 50 seconds left when Parra assisted on senior midfielder Kyle Matthews’ tally.
More like this story
- Parra remains hot, Owls soccer team prevails in AMC opener
- Parra's three goals steer Owls to 3-2 win over William Penn
- Parro helps power Owls soccer team to opening win over Avila
- William Woods’ Parra nets three, leads team to shutout victory
- Blue Jays score all three goals in seven minutes to get past Eureka in conference play on Saturday
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting