Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Kevin Garner, assistant executive director of the Missouri State High School Activities Association, realizes that there are two sides to sports — the good and the bad.
During his presentation Tuesday at the Hancock Symposium at Westminster College, Hancock said that while many of the pros outweigh the cons, people have to look at both sides of the issue.
“It’s not about wins and losses,” he said. “It’s about what it gives us. Through the wins and losses, you were able to learn something.”
More like this story
- Opening speaker wows Symposium crowd
- Live Aid founder, philanthropist to headline Westminster symposium
- Lineup for Westminster symposium to include executives with ‘Woodstock’ and ‘The Laramie Project’
- Sports journalist opens second day of symposium addressing sports
- Technology experts to speak at symposium
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting