Friday, September 6, 2013
Shane W. Vandelicht, 22, Fulton, is facing multiple charges after a high-speed chase by Cole County authorities Tuesday night.
Court records show Vandelicht is charged with possession of methamphetamine, careless and imprudent driving, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, resisting a lawful stop, driving while revoked and two counts of failure to obey a traffic-control device.
According to Cole County Sheriff’s Department reports, about 9:30 p.m. Jefferson City Police officers stopped pursuing a motorcycle that had been traveling faster than 100 mph on Missouri Boulevard in Jefferson City.
Moments later, Cole County sheriff’s deputies pursued the same motorcycle traveling westbound on U.S. 54.
After the motorcycle reached a speed of 130 mph, the pursuit was terminated. Then, deputies spotted the motorcycle turning onto Quail Road, where it eventually wrecked.
More like this story
- One in custody after high speed chase with Cole Co. authorities
- Callaway deputies arrest man several days after chase
- Man crashes motorcycle, suffers injuries after high-speed chase from law enforcement in Morgan County
- Police recover stolen vehicle, arrest two on meth charges
- Sheriff's Office: Fulton man arrested after car chase reached speeds of 90 MPH
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting