Thursday, October 17, 2013
Residents living near the Dollar General Store in Fulton will receive some unusual visitors Friday afternoon.
Firefighters with the Fulton Fire Department and volunteers from Dollar General will be going door to door on Meadowlark Lane, Plaza Drive, Douglas Boulevard and Dawson with care packages — provided by Energizer — containing a smoke detector and battery and a flashlight as well as fire safety informational materials for children.
The neighborhood safety canvass is part of Energizer’s Change Your Clock Change Your Battery program, also supported by the International Association of Fire Chiefs. There will also be a fire safety program for local children and families at Dollar General, 1990 N. Bluff St., at 10 a.m.
To have the Fulton Fire Department check and change the batteries on your home smoke detector, call (573) 592-3150.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting