Wednesday, May 29, 2013
The Auxvasse City Council approved a near final draft of the city’s water system improvements design and contract documents at Tuesday’s meeting.
The documents — prepared by Allstate Consultants, the engineering firm the city hired to design the project mandated by Environmental Protection Agency and state Department of Natural Resources regulations — will be sent to the DNR for final revisions and approval.
Once the documents are approved, Allstate representative Tony King told the council the project would “go pretty quick.”
“Once we get DNR’s approval, we’re going to rock ‘n’ roll,” King said. “Our goal is to submit the contract tomorrow. Once we get the construction permit submitted, we can bid the project.”
More like this story
- Auxvasse adds addendum in water project contract
- Auxvasse water project could receive funding boost from DNR
- Auxvasse to submit water system improvement plans for DNR approval
- City of Auxvasse to complete water project June 22
- Preparation stages of Sunrise Beach and Rocky Mount sewer projects nearing completion
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting