Wednesday, May 29, 2013
The Auxvasse City Council approved a near final draft of the city’s water system improvements design and contract documents at Tuesday’s meeting.
The documents — prepared by Allstate Consultants, the engineering firm the city hired to design the project mandated by Environmental Protection Agency and state Department of Natural Resources regulations — will be sent to the DNR for final revisions and approval.
Once the documents are approved, Allstate representative Tony King told the council the project would “go pretty quick.”
“Once we get DNR’s approval, we’re going to rock ‘n’ roll,” King said. “Our goal is to submit the contract tomorrow. Once we get the construction permit submitted, we can bid the project.”
More like this story
- Auxvasse adds addendum in water project contract
- City of Auxvasse approves 2013 budget, considers necessary repairs to water tank
- Preparation stages of Sunrise Beach and Rocky Mount sewer projects nearing completion
- Auxvasse formally regulates water, shops for new well site
- Fulton continues waiting game on sewer improvements with revised plan
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting