Wednesday, May 22, 2013
LINCOLN, Neb. — The William Woods University Lady Owls, sparked by freshman Alejandra Ferrer, were tied for seventh place after Tuesday’s opening round of the NAIA women’s golf national championships at Wilderness Ridge Country Club.
Ferrer shot a 4-over par 76 and was in an eight-way tie for 12th place on the individual leaderboard. She was six shots behind Heather Wiquist of Embry-Riddle (Fla.), who owned first place with a 70.
Third-ranked William Woods compiled a 316 total and was in a three-way share for seventh place with Lindsey Wilson College and Northwood (Fla.) University. Embry-Riddle also sat atop the team standings with a 301.
More like this story
- Lady Owls golf team takes sixth at NAIA championships
- No. 6 Lady Owls place fourth at NAIA National Championships
- Lady Owls golf team comes in second at NAIA National Preview
- William Woods golf teams sweep titles at Cape Girardeau tourney
- No. 2 Owls golf team ties for third at NAIA national championships
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting.