Friday, May 17, 2013
The National Churchill Museum in Fulton has awarded its Winston Churchill Medal of Leadership to Stephen F. Brauer, former U.S. Ambassador to Belgium.
The Churchill Medal is presented to civic and business leaders who exemplify leadership qualities demonstrated by Sir Winston Churchill.
Past recipients include William H. Danforth, chancellor emeritus of Washington University; Walter Cronkite, former CBS news anchor; John W. Bachmann, retired chief executive officer of Edward Jones Inc.; and former British Prime Minister Sir John Major.
Brauer is a 1967 graduate of Westminster College.
He is chairman of the board of trustees for Washington University, a director of Ameren Corporatiion, a partner in the St. Louis Cardinals LLP and a member of St. Louis Civic Progress.
Brauer has served as a member of numerous charitable and civic boards, including the St. Louis Area Council of Boy Scouts, the St. Louis Art Museum and the Missouri Botanical Garden.
More like this story
- Westminster hosts British ambassador during Churchill Weekend
- Churchill’s Iron Curtain speech depicted in new sculpture
- Admirers reflect on Churchill’s life during 50th anniversary of his death
- Winston Churchill’s great-grandson to attend Fulton events
- British historian, writer to offer lecture on Churchill in Fulton
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting