Sunday, May 12, 2013
Auxvasse North Callaway senior shortstop Justin Murphy hit a game-winning RBI single in the bottom of the eighth inning to propel No. 3 seed North Callaway over No. 6 Montgomery County 10-9 in the first round of the Class 3, District 8 tournament on Saturday. Junior Chance Kee got the win on the mound, throwing an inning of relief striking out one and walking one. With the victory, the T-Birds will play No. 2 Wright City in the district semifinals at 6:30 p.m. on Monday. Results of the game were received after press time Saturday afternoon.
More like this story
- T-Birds defeat Wildcats 8-2 in Class 3, District 8 quarterfinal
- T-Birds' rally falls short in District 8 semifinal loss to Hallsville
- Four T-Birds earn Class 3, District 8 baseball nods
- North Callaway tops Wright City to advance to district semifinals
- Hornets clip T-Birds in semifinals of Fulton Tournament
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting