Friday, March 22, 2013
A mix of fresh blood and familiar faces are in the running for one of Callaway County’s most contested races April 2 as six candidates gun for two seats on the South Callaway R-II School District Board of Education.
Bob Peneston, Erin Rogers Howard, Todd Mealy, Penny Miles Felkner and Heidi Powers all hope to be elected this year for one of the three-year terms. Current board member Susan Ward hopes to maintain her seat on the board, while another will be vacated by Bill Lister, who has opted not to seek re-election.
Peneston, who served on the South Callaway school board about 10 years ago, is a 1981 graduate of South Callaway and a current dormitory director for the Missouri School for the Deaf. Peneston has run in years past since leaving the board, and felt this year was a good time to try again.
“I’ve had several people encourage me to run. They appreciate what I’ve done with the board before, thought I’d done an excellent job and asked if I’d run again,” said Peneston. “I thought now was a good time.”
More like this story
- Six vie for two school board positions at Mokane
- School board races generate plethora of candidates
- Budget cuts top list of concerns for South Callaway board candidates
- Incumbents return to SoCal School Board, Laughlin takes open seat
- Eight vie for three on South Callaway School Board, share reasons they run
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting