Friday, March 22, 2013
For the Langworthy family, pageants are a sister affair, with all four of the daughters competing in various contests over the years.
On March 2, Audrey, Bailey and Paisley Langworthy took their sister act to Branson, where they competed in the Princess of America Pageant. Audrey, 17, and Paisley, 3, walked away with titles in their age divisions, while 14-year-old Bailey took second runner up in hers.
According to a press release, as title holders Audrey and Paisley will have the opportunity to serve as ambassadors for the “Crowns With a Cause” organization, which lends support to organizations such as the Make a Wish Foundation and Dreams to Reality.
Audrey, who has competed in area pageants including titles as Junior Miss Callaway County in 2008 and 2010, said this was her first time in a contest that she said closely mirrored the Miss America pageant in format.
“It was really exciting and nerve-wracking. I really enjoyed the process,” Audrey said of the two days of competition at the Welk Theater in Branson that included interviews and on-stage questions as well as formal wear, talent and other events.
More like this story
- North Callaway graduate to compete for Miss Missouri title in June
- Registration ends June 1 for Street Fair’s 2014 Miss Callaway County pageant
- Miss Lake of the Ozarks Scholarship pageants set for October
- Miss Lake of the Ozarks Scholarship program and pageant to be held Oct. 29
- Miss Lake of the Ozarks scholarship pageants seeks contestants
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting