Wednesday, March 6, 2013
The Heart of Missouri Chapter of the American Red Cross Tuesday announced it is making available a free Red Cross Tornado App that notifies uses of tornado warnings.
Mike Flanagan, Heart of Missouri Red Cross Chapter spokesman, said the free app is available in English or Spanish. It gives iPhone, iPad and Android smart phone and tablet users instant access to local and real-time information on what to do before, during and after a tornado.
The app includes a high-pitched siren and “tornado warning” alert that informs people when a NOAA tornado warning has been issued in their area — even if the app is closed.
An “all clear” alert lets users know when a tornado warning has expired or has been canceled.
More like this story
- Red Cross launches Tornado App
- New first aid app brings American Red Cross safety tips to smart phones
- New hurricane app brings American Red Cross safety information to smart phones
- American Red Cross offers safety training for those participating in sports and recreational activities
- Morgan County Sheriff introduces smartphone app
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting