Friday, March 1, 2013
WALNUT RIDGE, Ark. — LaCharleston Tumblin’s basket with 3 seconds to play Thursday night lifted No. 4 seed Williams Baptist College to a dramatic 70-68 win over No. 5 William Woods University in the quarterfinals of the American Midwest Conference men’s postseason tournament.
William Woods had one final opportunity to either force overtime or pull off a stunning victory of its own, but the Owls turned the ball over as time expired.
With the loss, William Woods finished its season with a 13-17 record. Williams Baptist (19-11) now moves on to a semifinal matchup at top-seeded and No. 1-ranked Columbia College (31-0) at 4 p.m. Saturday. Columbia advanced with a 67-52 quarterfinal triumph over No. 9 seed Hannibal-LaGrange University on Thursday night.
More like this story
- Lady Owls volleyball team reaches AMC semifinals
- Quinnine, No. 25 Lady Owls down Williams Baptist
- Lady Owls coast in AMC quarterfinals
- Lady Owls surge into AMC semifinals with strong win Remain at home to face Williams Baptist on Friday night
- Owls use thrilling victory to advance in AMC baseball tourney
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting