Wednesday, June 26, 2013
The Friends of the Callaway County Humane Society want you to design its logo.
The organization is holding a logo-designing contest, open to all interested children, adults or groups. The Friends of CCHS is a nonprofit recently formed as the fundraising arm of the local humane society, so that group could focus its time and efforts on rescues, adoptions and other animal needs.
Angel Blankenship, the group’s leader, said sketches, drawings or designs can be turned into the Friends’ booth at the upcoming art and craft fair, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 13 at the Fulton VFW. A winner will be selected at the group’s August meeting.
“We had our first meeting discussing the logo, and we thought it would be a good idea to involve the community and create some awareness about CCHS,” Blankenship said, noting community involvement played a large role in making the humane society successful. “I thought it would be a neat contest to do. What better than to get some good creativity going than involving adults and children?”
More like this story
- Inaugural Harvest Festival is for the dogs
- Callaway County Humane Society to restructure levels of membership for upcoming drive
- Craft Bazaar to help cash-strapped CCHS
- Callaway Humane Society develops new separate fundraising organization
- Fulton, Callaway Humane Society group combine forces for canine events in May
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting