Thursday, July 11, 2013
The New Bloomfield Area Historical Society will feature Civil War history at its annual fundraiser Sunday evening.
The event will be from 4 to 7 p.m. at the New Bloomfield Community Center.
The annual meeting will commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War
Jon Warren, president of the New Bloomfield Area Historical Society, said Sunday’s event will feature several displays of Civil War items with re-enactors and collectors describing the items displayed.
“It will be educational and fun for everyone who attends,” Warren said.
The featured speaker at the event will be Rudi Keller of Columbia, who will speak at 6 p.m. He will discuss the Civil War in Central Missouri.
More like this story
- Civil War fundraiser planned Sunday
- Antique valentines displayed in New Bloomfield
- Tebbetts community picnic starts today
- Camden County Historical Society looks for volunteers, donations in preparation for largest Civil War re-enactment to take place at Lake of the Ozarks
- Living History returns to Camden County Museum this weekend
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting