Wednesday, January 30, 2013
The Fulton VFW’s upcoming fundraiser is as American as apple pie — or a spicy bowl of chili.
The VFW men’s and women’s auxiliaries are hosting their annual chili and pie cook-off, beginning noon Saturday, Feb. 2 at the VFW.
Event coordinator Ashley Gannaway of the ladies auxiliary said she has been helping with the cook-off since 2008.
“It’s something that the VFW wanted to try and do and basically give the community something else to do for fun,” said Gannaway. “It helps the veterans and our VFW; it’s been a success every year and it brings a bunch of people out in the community together and supports our veterans.”
More like this story
- Three cook-offs coming up all supporting local charities
- Harper Chapel’s Third Annual Chili Cook-Off and Dessert Auction Feb. 8
- Rotary chili cookoff to feature restaurants, benefit charity
- Luetkemeyer, Wilson win chili cook-off categories
- Fulton Men’s Auxiliary to host brunch fundraiser for Kingdom Projects lunch program
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting