Thursday, January 24, 2013
In a surprise ceremony 1 p.m. Monday, SERVE, Inc. in Fulton received Central Missouri Community Action’s annual Community Partner of the Year Award, given to just one agency or group in CMCA’s eight-county region.
Each year, CMCA issues the Partner of the Year Award to groups and organizations partnered with CMCA on projects or ideas that address poverty at a local or regional level. SERVE was nominated by two CMCA employees: Callaway County Community Organizer Tad Dobyns, and IT Director Chris Macy.
“I started this position less than a year ago, and everyone suggested that I contact and work with SERVE, because they really had a finger on the pulse of the community they serve in Callaway,” said Dobyns. “I can say without hesitation they have a measurable impact daily on the folks they serve in Callaway County on a variety of programs offered.”
More like this story
- The Effect of the 2011 Federal Fiscal Year Continuing Resolution on Central Missouri Community Action
- Utility cooling aid depleted
- $300,000 cut from Head Start in Mid-Missouri
- CMCA Head Start Celebrates 7th Annual 100-Man Lunch
- Central Missouri Community Action Plans National Community Action Month Event to Mark 46 years of service to Central Missouri