Thursday, January 24, 2013
In a surprise ceremony 1 p.m. Monday, SERVE, Inc. in Fulton received Central Missouri Community Action’s annual Community Partner of the Year Award, given to just one agency or group in CMCA’s eight-county region.
Each year, CMCA issues the Partner of the Year Award to groups and organizations partnered with CMCA on projects or ideas that address poverty at a local or regional level. SERVE was nominated by two CMCA employees: Callaway County Community Organizer Tad Dobyns, and IT Director Chris Macy.
“I started this position less than a year ago, and everyone suggested that I contact and work with SERVE, because they really had a finger on the pulse of the community they serve in Callaway,” said Dobyns. “I can say without hesitation they have a measurable impact daily on the folks they serve in Callaway County on a variety of programs offered.”
More like this story
- CMCA awards MSD with Community Partner of the Year award
- CMCA awarded United Way grant to establish Callaway adult education program
- CMCA forum generates talking points on poverty in Callaway County
- Central Missouri Community Action to host Community Conversation in Fulton
- CMCA project to use photography as tool to empower area youth
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting