Friday, January 4, 2013
The Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce’s annual banquet meeting will begin 6 p.m. Friday, Jan. 11 with a cocktail reception in Tucker Dining Hall at William Woods University. Dinner will be served at 6:30.
This year’s theme is “Making a World of Difference Within our Community.” Banquet committee member Kathy Becker said there would be four styles of food available for the catered meal, including Mexican and Chinese cuisine, and the theme was meant to highlight the international flair in the county that has drawn speakers such as Winston Churchill, Mikhail Gorbachev and Margaret Thatcher.
“We bring in so many people from the colleges; we want to show off what we’ve got internationally,” said Becker. “We have an international flavor in the Kingdom of Callaway and we don’t always take time to notice.”
More like this story
- Chamber banquet celebrates those who make “world of difference”
- FADC banquet to focus on ‘The Way We Will Work’
- Fulton Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor's Center to mark history, contributions to community
- Kingdom of Callaway Supper celebrates community, tradition
- Kingdom Supper continues tradition of celebrating neighbors
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting